Wednesday 5 December 2018

Take 2

Dear Lovely People, 

I hope this finds you all well. 

It was over 2 years ago that I started writing this blog, and I started writing because I felt called to, it was on my heart to, and I felt there was confirmation from God. I wrote because I wanted to keep people updated on all that was going on with Owen and his health. 

When things started to settle down after the operation I stopped writing, it felt as though the blog had run its course. The original purpose of the blog was no longer there. The worst of the storm was over. 
And yet here I am, 2 years on, wondering about the blog, with that same sense of calling and desire to write again. 

To be honest, I never stopped writing, I completed one journal and moved on to the next, but my writing has only been for myself and the One I share my life with. Kind of written prayers I suppose. 
Since I have had this feeling of prompting towards the blog again, I have been praying and asking for confirmation, just as I did last time. I asked some friends to pray about it too. I don't want to do it for the sake of it, I want to have a sense of it being right to start again. 

Last week I was chatting with a friend and I mentioned that I was thinking about writing again. Her immediate response was that she had also just been thinking the same for me, that I should start the blog again! Confirmation! So hear I am! 

The desire to write goes hand in hand with my desire to be creative. I have always enjoyed drawing, designing, crafting, making. I have always wished I was more creative than I am. I guess, as I have grown older, my longing to create has become more about wanting to make something that glorifies Him. Whether by writing or by drawing. 

As this thought process has developed, it has made me think more and more about how we are created in the image of a Creator God. THE Creator. The One who has wondrous imagination, flair and vibrancy. What wonders could we then create when we are truly Spirit-led and seeking Him as we imagine into being our art works?

If you remember the series 'Heroes' there was a character who was an artist called Mohinder. His power was that he created art works that told elements of the future. He went into a zone where his minds eye saw something no one else could and he created these amazing works of art. 
Image may contain: 1 person
Something about that always stood out to me. Obviously not in a superhero way, but in a Spirit-filled, hearing from God way. A longing to draw close enough to Him to be inspired , hearing and seeing what He's showing me, and then creating something that honours Him. 

I can only recall one occasion where I feel He has laid an image on my mind that I have then been able to recreate on a piece of paper, exactly how it appeared in my mind (the picture here). I would love to do this more and more, to give more time to listening to Him....motherhood allowing!! 


I am trusting that as I write, the same will be true, that He will inspire and guide me, that I will be able to create something that honours Him. 

So, I'm excited about starting again, you are very welcome to join me! I'm sure the topics will be many and varied! 

Much Love and Blessings, R xx

No comments:

Post a Comment