Tuesday 26 July 2016

Dear Friends and Family,


I hope this finds you all well and enjoying life.


Firstly I would like to thank all those of you who have been praying for us, you have no idea how much we appreciate your prayers and support. So, thank you! 


Secondly, I would like to explain how I come to find myself writing to you all in this way. A couple of weeks I ago I read a blog, I can't remember what it was about, probably children or marriage...or both! Anyhow, while I was reading this article it got me to thinking about how blogging is a great way to tell a story to a lot of people at once. I began to wonder if it would be a good idea to start writing our story in this way so that you might be able to see how your prayers are being answered and how God is at work in our lives.
It turns out that as you contemplate writing down your daily life experiences, feelings and faith (or lack of) for all to see, a certain amount of anxiety begins to slip in! So I prayed that if it was of God, if this wondering and desire to write was from Him, that He would prompt someone else to suggest it to me. You'll never guess what happened only a couple of days later! While chatting with a friend about where things were at I mentioned that I had been writing it all down so that I could record all that God had been doing in the midst of it all. Her first comment was, "Rach, have you ever considered writing a blog? I think you'd be really good at it!".


And so here we are! Sometimes it's just about being obedient isn't it and ignoring your feelings of fear about something. Trusting the One who has called you to it, knowing that he will give you all you need to make it happen.
I hope to tell you our story over the coming days, weeks, months. From the beginning of course! The story of how we have come to find ourselves in the place we are right now, awaiting results for multiple brain scans and a date for brain surgery in the coming month.


I hope that I will be able to tell it well, to do justice to all that God has and is doing.


I will post the first instalment in the next few days.


Much love and God Bless


Rachael xx

5 comments:

  1. Rachael, sometimes God uses these incredibly difficult times to bless us in ways we couldn't imagine and we end up not wanting to be anywhere else but in the midst of what he's doing (even though on the human level that sounds really weird and wrong!). Maybe that makes sense to you?!! Thank you for being willing, open and generous enough to share such personal and precious times with others for our encouragement and to build our faith. God bless you as you blog!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree, I wouldn't be anywhere else right now!
      Can I ask which Jenny this is?

      Thank you for your encouragement x

      Delete
  2. Well done Rachael. Welcome to the world of blogging! I am sure many will be blessed as you share your journey. It is amazing how far these things travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, and thanks for your help :)

      I hope you're doing well and feeling strong in the Lord and his mighty power in your storm.

      xx

      Delete
  3. Your blog brought tears for such faith and honesty you will witness to all who read this.

    ReplyDelete